Restoration 1 of Tuscaloosa has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to disaster restoration services, and here we share some of our expertise by answering the most frequently asked questions we hear. If you have additional questions not listed here, feel free to give us a call.
We use a tried and true process for restoring your home or business after water damage. Our skilled team uses cutting-edge restoration equipment to pinpoint the source of the water, remove any water that is present, decontaminate the area and repair all damages to the structure of your home or business. This process also includes mold remediation as needed.
It depends. We will do an initial inspection of the loss to help you determine if a claim needs to be filed. Knowing your deductible will aid in this decision making process. If a claim does need to be filed, we will guide you through the process.
If the water is coming from inside your property, the first step is to turn off the water supply to your home or business, stopping any further damage. Secondly, call us and we will be out to your property ASAP to mitigate the problem fast.
When you have a flooded area with standing water, it’s important to deal with it promptly. Call us right away, but before we even show up, we recommend using towels, buckets or a wet vacuum (available at hardware stores) to get a head start on the water removal process.
Typically, yes. Having your water-damaged property professionally repaired will be worth the investment, especially if your insurance company will cover the expense. By not working with a professional, you risk leaving water trapped in wall cavities and below floors that can contribute to mold growth.
This term refers to the entire process for effectively removing mold as well as preventing further growth by repairing the cause.
Mildew is less problematic than mold and can be easily cleaned. Mildew is slimier than mold, while mold is a fuzzy growth. Mildew is generally black, while mold can be green, brown or black.
Professional mold remediation is almost always recommended due to the easy spread of mold even when trying to clean it. We have the expertise to remove the mold without allowing spores to migrate to other parts of the structure. Our team will also investigate the reason for all mold growth and provide a solution that prevents future growth.
Depending on the size of the mold infestation, removal may take anywhere from one day to a few weeks. We not only remove the mold, but also address any underlying moisture sources that allowed the mold growth to occur.
We strongly recommend against the DIY approach to fire restoration. A fire-damaged site is dangerous and requires specialized skills to deal with.
Your safety should be your first priority. Get away from the property, into a hotel if needed, and let the professionals take care of the rest. Allow your local firefighters to do their job and call us right away to begin the restoration process.
That depends. Although you are primarily responsible for payment, our customers often qualify for coverage by their insurance companies.
We have the necessary resources available to deal with these materials.